Heritage Trail

This was a building improvement grant programme that was operated within the centre of Llandrindod Wells between 2004-09 to help restore and maintain the architectural heritage of the town through high quality repair and reinstatement work. The objective of the THI was to contribute to the economic regeneration and sustainability of the town, as well as restoring and maintaining the architectural and historic character of the buildings. The programme was funded by the Heritage Lottery, Cadw, Powys County Council, Welsh Assembly Government and European Objective-2 funding. As a result of the THI, a number of buildings have been restored to their former glory, with several being brought back from the brink and a number of key architectural features that had been lost over time being successfully re-instated

Click to download a copy of the Trail



The wells at Llandrindod had been resorted to as early 1696, when the Vaughans of Herefordshire stayed for three weeks to take the waters.
view info



The Central Wales line from Knighton to Llandrindod Wells was opened in 1865 putting Llandrindod Wells in easy reach of the urban centres of the North West, the midlands and South Wales.
view info



The 'season' lasted from May to mid September. Outside the pump rooms at the Rock Park and the Pump House Hotel the visitors queued each morning to take the waters, entertained by music from the orchestras.
view info