Built as a multi-purpose hall in 1896, it is in late Victorian classical manner, red brick with a slated, hipped roof, two storeys, the front in three bays of 1+3+1 arched windows, the centre bay framed by pilasters, slightly advanced and pedimented. The Art Nouveau entrance doors have a lively, curving glazing bar pattern. The slate roofed canopy is a 1980 replacement. Surprisingly for a hall of this type, it has a raked floor; single balcony on iron columns and a pair of boxes (non-functional) flanking the rectangular proscenium. An apron extension 1.9m (6ft) was added to the stage some years ago and beneath it is a small orchestra pit. There is no grid and space in the wings is severely limited by the presence of stairs and other changes of level.

However the Llandrindod Wells Theatre Company (the principal users of the building) continue to make full use of the theatre, and in recent years have worked hard to refurbish the whole of the exterior (including re-roofing), and update and improve the facilities inside.
(See the Useful Contacts section for a link to the website)